Binance will become the main sponsor of Argentina’s powerhouse national soccer team and the naming sponsor of its national soccer league for five years, the crypto exchange announced on Monday.
- The company said that it had signed an agreement with the Argentine Football Association (AFA), the governing body of Argentine soccer.
- It is the first deal Binance has closed with a national soccer team worldwide, the company said Monday in a statement. Argentina is a two-time world champion and boasts arguably soccer’s best player, Lionel Messi, and one of its most passionate fan bases.
- According to Binance, the deal includes the development of a fan token that will be released to the market “shortly.”
- “Through this agreement, we hope to support Argentine soccer at all levels and raise awareness of Binance, the crypto world and blockchain to soccer fans across the country and the world,” Maximiliano Hinz, director of Binance Latin America, said in a statement.
- Leandro Petersen, AFA’s commercial and marketing manager, said that the agreement would be an economic boon to the federation and the country’s top teams, and “bring us closer to millions of fans around the world who will be able to acquire new digital assets from AFA.”